Monday, November 24, 2014

DIY Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub

Hi! So I know that I haven't posted in awhile, and I thought it was time to kick off the season of homemade/diy gifts in time for Christmas (or any other occasion, really). Whether you don't have the $$ to buy gifts or think homemade is more sentimental, I think that making your own sugar scrub is a great gift to give. I actually made one for myself a year or so ago, and it has been really nice. I'm going to give you the recipe for a vanilla brown sugar scrub, since I love the scent of vanilla, but I'm sure there's TONS of other recipes/scents out there and ways to customize your own. This is a great present for girls; I always enjoy the smooth, soft feeling my hands feel afterwards. You can even rub it on your elbows, feet, whatever. Ok, enough rambling – here's the recipe I used.

my scrub - it doesn't look the best as I've had it awhile!
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Just combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well – you want it to be moist but not like soup :) Then all that's left is to put it in a mason/leftover jam jar, tie on some ribbon, and you're finished!
Happy early Thanksgiving everyone!!


2 comments:

  1. i made one of these and posted on it! it was essentially the same recipe, but i only used white sugar. is there a difference/health benefit with the brown sugar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's not much of a difference – all I could find when researching was that "Brown sugar is gentler, making it ideal for super-sensitive skin." And I think it gives of a more rich, sweet scent.

      Delete